The Girl Booker

The Girl Booker

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

As I Was Saying...

Here is the second installment in my tagging post, where I answer some of the 10 questions posed by Brona.

3. What do you think of e book sand e readers?

I am happy to admit that I love actual books; to hold, to crack the spine, to display on overflowing shelves in my apartment. Mostly, however, I love to read in any format. With an actual book, you don't need a contraption to host your reading experience, you just pick up the book and go for it. So the initial outlay of a reader doesn't seem worth it to me because (for now at least) a book is an easier, more enjoyable and cheaper* solution.

I am not opposed to e readers for other people, or even for my future self but I am thus far disinterested. In my opinion there are too many negatives to ereaders and not enough positives. Also, the Australian market for ebooks is not really mature enough yet - I like to wait for the kinks to be ironed out of something by the other schmucks before I jump onboard. Ask me again in six months!



*My bookshop staff discount has something to do with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment